If you like your fishing, then you’ve probably already considered getting a kayak. These vessels are great when they are out on the water, allowing you to cruise leisurely on the water, dipping your rod in and sitting back with a cold brew. However, you might have seen some of the price tags on these things and already balked.
This is where inflatable kayaks might be of interest to you. These vessels are not only very sturdy and resistant to tears and rips, but they are also very lightweight and you can carry them very easily from your truck that might be a mile away from the shoreline.
These inflatable models have all the features of the high-end kayaks, with retractable seats that you can use to lean back and get yourself more comfortable. This is very important if you are a taller user and you want to improve the circulation in your legs.
So what are the best inflatable kayaks out there for your fishing experience? What are the best materials for an inflatable kayak to be made from?
What features will an inflatable kayak need to have to keep you above the water at all times? How much will you need to pay for your inflatable model?
Well, if you want the answers to all of these questions and more, then we would suggest that you keep reading this article.
We have compiled a list of some of the best inflatable kayaks that will really enhance your fishing experience. We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you when you are trying to hone in on the best features of an inflatable kayak.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Our first kayak is one that is relatively simple, allowing you to get to places that most conventional boats cannot reach.
This is a very streamlined design that is just perfect for negotiating your way through narrow river bends.
This is also very lightweight and will allow you to carry it far across miles and miles without straining your back - introducing the Pike Angler Inflatable Kayak.
- This angler will give you premium stability and security, allowing you to cut through even the choppiest waves.
- This is great for a beginner fisher, allowing you to mount your rods on the sides with sturdiness, which is great if you are hunting larger fish.
- This kayak comes in a very durable design that will allow you to keep your kayak moored in the water for longer.
- You can take this kayak with you on all different types of watercourses, including still water lakes and rapid rivers.
- This might not have the more complex accessories that will help your fishing as some of the other kayaks on this list.
This next angler is a very lightweight one, with a two-seater design that is perfect if you like taking to the waters with a friend.
This is also great if you have a family and are looking to take them out on the waters and teach them first hand the beauty of fishing - introducing the Sea Eagle 385ft Fasttrack Inflatable Kayak.
- This fishing kayak comes with a spray skirt that will protect you and your kayak from water damage. This is also good if you like to keep your personal possessions in your boat.
- This comes with two rod holders that will allow you to fix your fishing rods to the side of your boat for a very secure line.
- This has plenty of storage space on the deck, allowing you to store your gear with plenty of room, also allowing you to stretch your legs, which is very important for longer fishing trips.
- This comes with a nifty green design, which will allow you to blend in with the environments and escape detection by your fishy friends.
- The price - this is one of the more expensive inflatable kayaks, so you might be concerned about taking it out on the water and getting a puncture.
This is designed for the kayak angler, with multi-layered material that will allow you to keep your kayak out on the water for much longer. This also comes with air chambers that will allow you to cut through the water with a lot of ease.
This will keep you stable, no matter how much your fish is challenging you in the water - introducing the Advanced Elements StraitEdge Angler Pro Inflatable Kayak.
- This comes with multiple air chambers that will allow you to blow up your kayak from various different points.
- This has drop stitching in the floor, which is great for increased rigidity. You can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a solid floating experience.
- You can even stand up on the deck of this boat, which might be very useful if you are sea fishing and planning on tackling some serious fishers.
- This comes with a spacious decking that will allow plenty of room for you and your fishing equipment. This will definitely be a boon for pro fishers.
- The price - this is another expensive kayak, so you’ll want to make sure that you are taking your boat out regularly when you are on the water.
This design is built with a true angling boat in mind, allowing you plenty of room on the top deck of your boat, which will be amazing if you are looking for more challenging fishing sessions.
This comes with oar locks and D-ring that will allow the water to drip off the side of your boat - introducing the Aquaglide Blackfoot Angler Kayak.
- This comes with plenty of accessories that will stop your boat from taking on any excess water or allowing your equipment to get damaged through excess water.
- This comes with a hard bottom floor, which will be able to easily take the weight of your fishing gear. It will also enable you to stand on it without buckling under pressure.
- This has a durable body that will enable you to be able to resist the excess water that can often accumulate from a long-term fishing session.
- You can also tie down the gear on your boat, which is very useful if you are wanting to take a lot of equipment with you.
- The price - another expensive kayak, but if you want all the bells and whistles, then we would suggest that you buy this kayak.
This next kayak is a very popular one on the Amazon marketplace, with thousands of users praising its durability, as well as the amount of space that it has and how far you can take it out on the water.
This comes with handles on the side that you can use to carry it easily when you are not using it - introducing the Intex Excursion pro Kayak.
- This kayak is very easy to stow in your car, all you have to do is deflate it and you’ll be ready to stuff it in the trunk.
- This comes with a pair of aluminum oars that you can use to negotiate your way through the waters with ease. This is very useful for first-time fishers.
- This comes with a waterproof bag that you can use to store the kayak itself or, when the kayak is on the water, you can use it to carry all of your valuables.
- This comes with an air pump that will mean you can completely inflate it very quickly without having to exert yourself too much.
- This is very heavy-duty and might be a little unwieldy for people who are just taking to the waters for the first time and want something they can control with ease.
Our final angler is very heavy duty, with a large body and thick tarpaulin construction that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a sturdy paddle on the surface of the water.
This comes with two rod holders that will give you everything that you need for a smooth ride - introducing the Airhead Angler Bay Inflatable Boat.
- This comes made from a heavy-duty vinyl construction that will not succumb to any rips and tears and will preserve the longevity of the boat.
- This is great for slow-moving lakes and streams, coming with enough room to house you and a friend.
- This comes with a ditty bag, which you can use to transport your kayak from the back of your truck to the shoreline.
- This is very lightweight, so it will not hurt your back when you are transporting it from one place to another.
- This is a very wide inflatable, so you’ll have to watch yourself when you are trying to navigate narrower concourses.
Best Inflatable Fishing Kayaks Buying Guide
There are many criteria that we have used to pick out these kayaks. Here are a few things that you’ll definitely ned from an inflatable kayak when you're out fishing:
How Well Does It Perform?
You’ll need a boat that tracks well through the water, giving you everything that you need for swift motion through a body of water. If you are looking for driving power, then you’ll want a more streamlined kayak with a hardened nose at the front end.
How Many Fishing-Friendly Features Does It Have?
If your kayak has fishing holders on the sides, then this will help you to secure your fishing rods, which is very important for having a solid fishing experience. If you are going to be snaring larger fish, then we would certainly recommend that you get one with holders.
If you are going to be a more recreational fisher who’ll want to take some beers and snacks out with you on the boat, then we would suggest that you have a kayak that comes with a cup holder and plenty of room on the deck to hold a cooler.
What Material Is It Made From?
Having a kayak that is made from tarpaulin will be very important if you are planning on fishing for long periods of time.
Often if you are drifting near the shore, you can be sure that you’ll have plenty of sharp objects and obstacles that are threatening the hull of your boat. You’ll need something with decent material to stop your boat from puncturing.
Best Inflatable Fishing Kayaks - FAQ's
Why Are Inflatable Kayaks Better Than Hard-Shell Kayaks?
These are better simply because they are much more affordable and very lightweight. They mostly have all the same features and nearly the same level of durability as a hard-shell kayak. They are very good for beginner fishers who might want something lighter that they can control with ease.
However, a hard shell does come with a higher level of durability. If you’re going to be using your kayak multiple times during the week, then we would recommend that you get something that can withstand the harsh waters of the inflatable hull.
Are Inflatable Hulls More Durable?
Inflatable hulls usually have double stitching on the bottom to make sure that they will not take on any water when you are fishing.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the top inflatable boats has helped you to decide which are the best for your needs. Remember that you’ll be looking for something with a high level of durability, giving you everything that you need to remain stable on the water.